Most people don’t know what questions to ask when shopping for a synthetic turf contractor. Below are just a few of the most important questions you can ask and how you can determine a “great company” from just a so-so company. As with any project, there are numerous ways a contractor can cut corners, which will ultimately lead to problems with you green.
1) What do they use or how do they install their putting cups?
2) What product do they use to seam the turf together?
3) What, if anything, do they suggest for a “buffer” between real grass and synthetic turf?
4) How many greens have they installed?
5) How many commercial projects have they done?
6) Is the company fully insured with liability and worker’s comp?
7) What is their installation warranty
8) If choosing a nylon putting green, how much sand do they suggest it be filled with?
These are just a few of the most crucial questions that should be asked. Building a putting green in the cold climate is much more different than building a green in the warmer climates.
For the correct answers to the questions above, please call or email us and we would be happy to discuss in detail. Everything we do is a result of an experience we have had. A company that does not have years under their belt, they may not know any better.
This post was written by Doug Steeves. Doug has been building putting greens for well over a decade and is considered the Midwest’s premier artificial putting green designers and builders.